La campanya no s’acaba mai ?>Mètode de finalització de la campanya
Evaluation of the effect of the programme for the early detection of breast cancer in the province of Girona
Summary of the idea:
The aim of the project is to evaluate the effect of breast cancer in the province of Girona by estimating the rate of false-negative results and true interval cancer in a screening in the Girona Health Region (RSG). The characteristics of these tumours will be compared with those detected in the screening and in a follow-up study, based on the retrospective study of the population-based cohort.
Objectives, impact and proposed solution:
1. To evaluate the results of breast cancer screening in the province of Girona by estimating the rate of false-negative results and true interval cancer in the PEDBC.
1. Estimate the specific rates according to the type of interval cancer (false negatives, verifiable intervals, occult tumours or minimal signs).
2. To evaluate the association between interval cancer and women's characteristics (age, menopause, breast density, history, etc.).
3. To compare the biological characteristics (TNM, staging, histology, hormone receptors and biological markers) of interval cancers, those detected by screening and those diagnosed outside screening.
4. To evaluate the survival of interval cancers with tumours detected by screening and outside the programme with respect to the characteristics of the women. Adjust survival according to the clinical-biological characteristics of the tumour.